A region with a wealth of resources:
- 200 hectares of quayside in close proximity to Round 3 sites
- 7 GW of existing offshore wind development potential
- 12 MW of installed capacity of micro renewables (Top in the UK)
- 44% of Scotland’s business expenditure in R&D
- Aberdeen’s world leading Oil & Gas expertise
- Edinburgh – the UK’s second largest Financial Services centre
- Academic expertise of 10 leading universities
- 11,000 Science and Engineering graduates & undergraduates
- World class academic centre for Carbon Capture & Storage
- Leading Fuel Cell Technology research
- Energetica – Aberdeen’s Development Corridor
- European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre
- Hydrogen Office Test & Demonstration Centre
- Beatrice Offshore Wind Demonstrator
As a region, we realise that by combining resources and building on our local strengths, we are in a far stronger position to successfully capitalise on the significant economic opportunities offered by the rapidly growing renewable energy sector.
Ten Local Authorities across the East Coast have therefore joined forces to create a strategic alliance.
This regional partnership focuses on a number of strategic priorities, from supply chain development and skills, to research & development and knowledge transfer.
We also work in partnership with Scottish Enterprise and Scottish Development International to develop the renewable energy sector and promote the region as a location for investment.